Followers

Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab below.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Holiday cards or ornaments... you decide

It's getting closer!  I can't believe that I haven't bought one Christmas gift yet!  I have to get thru hubby's birthday first (Friday).  So before I run out the door to get him a gift, I thought I'd post these Christmas cards/ornaments for you.

Both cards are done using the rosette technique and sandwiching the rosette between two pieces of card stock.  Two very different, but the same, cards for you to enjoy.  I created the rosette using mirror card stock -- this was a challenge to myself to see if the card stock would withstand scoring and folding -- and it did!  Just remember to place your mirror card stock mirror side down before scoring.


A close-up of the center -- I used Stickles on the snowflake, but the camera didn't pick it up.


And, of course, the lovely bow made on the Craft-Dee BowZ.  I simply made a multiple loop bow leaving very long ends so that it could be knotted at the top into a loop to hang on the Christmas tree.



For those who are die-fanatics, I used Spellbinders for the center and Memory Box for the snowflake and other embellishments to the right and left.  I cut two Memory Box snowflakes and placed one on top of the other.  Then I put a glue dot in the center and pulled the "arms" of the top snowflake into the center of the glue dot.  This created the dimension I was looking for.  Then I Stickled it up and added a purple glass bead.  

And yet another version of the same card, this time done in standard A2 size.  See what you think.


I created this one using Spellbinders Heirloom Ornaments for the cut out section and edged them both with glitter.  I added corners using Lifestyle Crafts corner dies (LOVE them!).  Then to challenge the Craft-Dee BowZ, I created a bow using (ugh!) grosgrain ribbon.  I love grosgrain on one hand, but let's face it, it does not really lend itself to pretty bows -- it's just way too stiff.  But I think I pulled this off.  I created a multiple loop bow once again leaving the ends really long for hanging in a loop and I added an extra tail for added dimension (see my video on "Adding an Extra Tail").

Now, if you'll  hop on over to my Ciao Bella blog, you'll see a side view of the "sandwich" you create when you place the rosette between the pieces of card stock.

Hope you enjoy and I'd love to hear from you.

Donna