Followers

Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab below.

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Putting a rumor to rest...

Well, imagine my surprise today when two ladies from New York approached me at a scrapbooking event on Cape Cod saying "oh I heard the news that you are retiring!"  Smile, nod, no... wait!  What??  Why would you say that?  They told me there was a post on FB several weeks ago that the bow lady was retiring and selling her business.

First of all, I'd like to address the person who started this rumor.  What on earth?  I don't know where you got your information, but I am alive, well and kicking bows!  So let's be clear on this (I sound like Obama), this is my company, I am going nowhere soon unless they are shoveling dirt on my casket.  I am here for you and Craft-Dee BowZ is doing incredibly well.

Now, let's get to the fun part -- the event we did today.  I heard those two little words again!  Time after time after time -- "that's it?".  And I wish hubby had been quick enough to catch the expressions on their faces when they completed their little 1" bows.

Here are a few pics I'd like to share.  The table was busy, busy, busy for 3 hours straight and these are just a few snaps.

Hubby managed to take a few pics when he wasn't cashing Craft-Dee BowZ out.  Oh, yeah, that's me with my fancy headband made with the Craft-Dee BowZ.
It gets the point across, so stop laughing!

Just finishing up their bows and making their "one-of-a-kind" bottle cap pin (chuckle)!  Hey, don't laugh -- this could wind up being a collectors item on Ebay one day!


This sweet lady on the right saw hubby at the doorway when we had just arrived and darn near tackled him.  She was so GLAD we were there as she didn't purchase the Craft-Dee BowZ at the last event.  Both she and her sister (on left) each went off with a Craft-Dee BowZ.  
Oh, why are they dressed this way?  Eccentric?  Nah!  the theme was Hawaiian and they had their colorful shirts on with flowers in their hair and leis around their necks.  Some had paper sandals, some had hula girl "bunny" ears.  It was a hoot.  It's no wonder Cris Quinn of Cool Crops has such popular events.   Craft-Dee BowZ donated the item in the previous POST and they were thrilled!

And one last comment -- one of the Cool Crops coordinators came up to me and said one of the ladies just told her this was the best $20 she ever spent!  Now THAT's a testimonial!

Well, that's it for today.  I'll be back with more!  Thanks for stopping by.

Donna