Followers

Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab below.

Monday, January 28, 2013

Valentine wreath

Hi bowmakers!  I thought I'd put my own interpretation into this fun little project I found on Pinterest.  Theirs was done using Spring as a theme and I automatically thought Valentine's Day only because I simply HAD to make this project and because Valentine's Day comes before Spring around my neck of the woods.

So I hope you enjoy this little wreath.  I believe the instructions called for a styrofoam wreath, but when I went looking, there were none available in a small enough size for my taste.  So I grabbed a small grapevine wreath, encased it in masking (or painters) tape to keep all the sharp twigs from puncturing my fingers (I cut off the ones that were really poking out before I wrapped them in tape).  You then wind eyelash yarn completely around the wreath.  I doubled up on the yarn so that it would go a little faster (I'm the Queen of instant gratification remember).  Then the crowning glory of a luscious bow made with the Craft-Dee BowZ (this is the 4-1/4" size) using this lovely wired heart ribbon.  I added additional tails of lace and dotted swiss for additional accent.  I also added one long piece of the same Valentine ribbon (looped thru the bow before tying the knot -- as seen in one of my online videos) so that I could hang the wreath.  I finished it off with some punched hearts which I glittered (you can't really see it in the picture) and a red glittered heart in the center of the bow.  It came out so sweet!


Here's a close-up of the bow -- fabulous!

I hope this has inspired some of you.  Think how many different occasions you can decorate with this type of project.  St. Patrick's Day, Mother's Day and so on.  Feel free to leave a comment - I always like hearing from you.

Donna