Followers

Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab below.

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Guest Designer Heidi Blankenship - Easter Blessings Card

Hello everyone!  Heidi, here today and I am so excited and honored to be the Guest Designer for 
Craft-Dee BowZ for the month of March!  
I was thrilled when I received the email from Donna!  I am having a lot of fun creating beautiful bows with the Craft-Dee BowZ tool.  I love that the dowels are metal and everything is self-contained.  I also love being able to create a wonderful variety of different size bows.  


Here is a look at the card I designed.  I stamped the image from JustRite Papercraft on to simply smooth white cardstock using Rich Cocoa ink and then I colored the image with Spectrum Noir markers.  To create the die cuts I used Elegant Ovals from Spellbinders.  The metallic background was embossed using one of the M-bossabilities folders from Spellbinders.  The base of the card is a light yellow layered with a celery green mat.  I adhered the two top layers together and then I added some celery and cream silk ribbon.  Next I layered the die cuts using 3D Foam Squares and applied them to the card.  I used the Craft-Dee BowZ tool to create the beautiful little bow.  I love bows with lots of loops so I followed the Multiple Loops-Figure Eight Method for creating the bow.  


Here is a close up of the bow.  The Craft-Dee BowZ tool is so easy to use and I love using it with silk ribbon.  Sometimes when I am trying to make a bow with just my hands the silk ribbon is so silky smooth and it slips right through my fingers but when I'm using the Craft-Dee BowZ tool I don't have to worry about that at all!  Love it!


To finish off the card I added a little sparkle using the 
Zig Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush Pen and a few pearls.  

Thank you so much for joining me today! Also a Huge Thank You to Donna and Barbara for asking me to be a Guest Designer!!

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi

Supplies
Craft-Dee BowZ
Stamps:  JustRite Papercraft® CR-03660 Easter Blessings
Paper:  Simply Smooth White, Light Yellow, Celery, Pearl Metallic
Ink:  Memento Rich Cocoa
Dies:  Spellbinder Paper Arts® S4-425 Elegant Ovals, E3D-015 Tiger Lilies M-Bossabilities Folder
Markers:  Spectrum Noir™ LY1, LG1, LG2, LG3, IB1, CR1, Blender; Zig Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush Pen
Ribbon:  The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store-Celery 1.25'' Silk, Ivory 1/4'' Silk
Accessories:  Pearls; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L™ 3D Foam Squares, E-Z Runner® Permanent Strips-Refillable Dispenser